• March 10Follow us on Instagram @ titantimesnews
The Student News Site of Tinley Park High School

Titan Times

Titan Times

Titan Times

Countdown to Graduation
Congratulations Graduates

Winter Fun

Winter Fun

Now that there is snow outside, a person could do many fun activities when it is cold and snowy out. Options for outside activities include snowboarding, skiing, sledding, ice skating, and more! These in-season activities are great to try if you still need to. 

If you are a hockey fan make sure to tune in to the Chicago Blackhawks. Another option is to also play hockey at an ice rink such as Artic in Orland Park. 

The winter months are a wonderful time for a calm and relaxing trip to downtown Chicago. During the warmer months, many tourists invade and there is an excessive amount of people in Chicago. However, during the winter months, Chicago is a bright adventure of lights, decorations, and shopping. While you are downtown it is highly recommended there go and view the Chicago skyline because it is so beautiful. 

Winter activities include ice skating at the famous Millennium Park.  In addition, in Millennium Park, the famous attraction Cloud Gate, often called “The Bean” is beautiful when covered in snow. Soldier Field, is the home of The Chicago Bears football team. Many great sledding hills can be found around the friendly atmosphere of Soldier Field. In addition to sledding the area also encourages snowshoeing located just east of Soldier Field.

If an outdoor events sound enjoyable make sure to not miss the Polar Adventure Days. This event begins on January 20 and through February 17, 2024, from 12-3 pm at Big Marsh Park 11559 S. Stony Island Ave. If outside nature-inspired winter arts and crafts sound enjoyable this event also hosts fun with Siberian Huskies, wolves, and birds of prey. After all of this exploration and an experience of feeling warm inside then try some Kristoffer’s Cafe & Bakery. A specialty of this bakery is its Mexican hot chocolate, traditional hot cocoa, tea, and apple cider. With all of the opportunities for exploration, a relaxing winter on the couch should not be the only opportunity for enjoyment.