Must Read Favs

Mahliyah Chelikas, Staff Writer

Have you recently finished an amazing book and thought, “What am I going to read next?” Well look no further, here are the top ten young adult books you might enjoy:

1. Perks of Being a Wallflower
    • Charlie— a fifteen year old freshman— is learning how to deal with his best friend’s suicide. As a way to cope with his fear and anxiety, he starts writing letters to a stranger about his home life as well as his life in school.
  2. The Hate U Give
    • A story about a teenage girl who struggles with racism and police brutality after witnessing her childhood best friend get murdered by police. She decides to take a stand and become an activist to obtain justice for the death of her friend. 
  3. Simon vs. the Homosapien Agenda
    • Simon Spier is a closeted gay, high-schooler who enjoys spending time with his friends and family. One day during drama club rehearsal, his classmate blackmails him into being a wingman for him.
  4. The 5th Wave
    • Cassie Sullivan thought her biggest problem would be her crush, Ben Parish. But what she doesn’t know is that she’d soon have to worry about rescuing her younger brother, Sammy from and an alien invasion. 
  5. All the Bright Places
    • Theodore Finch and Violet Marley are two kids who both suffer from mental illnesses. These two strangers become close after they save one another from jumping off the top of a bell tower. 
  6. The Maze Runner
    • A teenage boy by the name of Thomas wakes up in the middle of a giant maz, knowing nothing but his name. He along with all the boys in the maze try to find a way out to escape.
  7. The Haters
    • Corey, Wes, and Ash get sent to band camp, which doesn’t turn out all that great. As a way to make things more interesting, they run away from camp to form a band.
  8. Divergent
    • A dystopian version of Chicago, the city is divided up into five factions: Amity, Dauntless, Erudite, Candor and Abnegation. At age sixteen, Beatrice Prior is to take a test to find out which faction she will stay for the rest of her live. After taking the test, she realizes she belongs into more than one.
  9. One of Us is Lying
    • Five strangers are sent to detention and only four of them walk out. A mystery in which a student is murdered and everyone is a suspect. 
  10. A Series of Unfortunate Events
    • The story follows three orphans whose parents died from a fire. They are sent to live with a man by the name of Count Olaf who continuously tries to steal their inheritance.