Homecoming Festivities

Homecoming+Festivities

Deshaun Stephens and Keari Funches

Spirit Week

Spirit week was a great way to start off the festivities moving into homecoming weekend!  First was pajama day. Everyone wore their favorite pajama pants and some went all in with robes and slippers. Tuesday was a bright day because it was tie-dye day. Many students wore bright multi-colored shirts and hoodies. Wednesday was pink, pink, pink all day because you guessed it, it was pink day. Thursday you were supposed to show school spirit by wearing red and gold; all anyone could see was Titan spirit. Friday was the highlight of spirit week because of the awesome pep rally. The pep rally was full of fun stuff to do, like watch the tug-of-war and hula hoop contest. We even got a performance from the dance team. In addition, students were invited to participate in dances on the football field.  This wrapped up a fun participation week at school, which continued that night with a large crowd of students showing their school spirit at the homecoming football game.

Football Game

The Homecoming Game was fully packed to the last seat with students and parents watching the game. There was so much red and gold and Titan spirit at the game. We played T.F. South High School. Our junior varsity team won 28 – 22.  This was as a result of an interception by Leland Mickelson with 9 seconds left on the clock! The halftime show was amazing with the Incredibles theme song. It was their biggest show of the year so far. Unfortunately, the varsity lost 14 to 35. But besides that, the spirit of the homecoming game was amazing. 

The Homecoming Dance

On September 18,2021 Tinley Park High School had their 2021 homecoming dance. The theme of the homecoming dance was “Dancing at The Disco”. Some people that attended the dance did go with the theme and dressed in 70s attire. While it was optional, those who did rocked the night away in bell bottoms and go-go boots. Student council did a fabulous job of decorating for the dance. All over the hallway there was everything from the 70s – including a photo booth to take pictures with your friends. Everybody was dressed in their best attire, from their dresses and the tuxedos, all the way down to the heels and nice dress shoes. The DJ was amazing and kept students engaged all through the night. The dance was from 7pm to 10pm. Seniors were reflecting on previous homecomings they have attended over the years. Some seniors were feeling sad that this was their last homecoming of their high school career. Overall, it was an amazing night, and we all cannot wait until the next one.