Ditch the boredom–Join a Club!

The start of a new school year is the perfect time for students to try out new hobbies. This can easily be done by joining school-administered clubs. However, it is common for students to be unaware of the clubs that best suit their interests. There are plenty of activities at Tinley Park High School for each and every student, and once informed about these activities, it will be much easier for everyone to get involved in events outside of the classroom. Here is a brief list of extracurriculars that students would benefit from knowing about. Be sure to check the Tinley Park High School website for information about all clubs, including the dates that they meet.

• Chess Club

Chess is a strategic game that has been enjoyed by people of all ages for many years. Anyone who joins Chess Club will learn new strategies that they can use to play the game competitively. If you or anyone that you know would like to play with other chess lovers or improve your chess-playing skills, Chess Club is calling your name.

1. FACS Club

It can easily be said that well-make food makes people happy. If you would like to expand your own culinary skills and cook for people in your community, FACS club is perfect for you. This club focuses on trying out new recipes and practicing useful cooking techniques. They meet once a month to make scrumptious treats that can be enjoyed by all.

1. Scholastic Bowl 

Scholastic Bowl is the perfect opportunity to show off your trivia knowledge. Members of the Scholastic Bowl team compete against other schools by answering questions about a variety of topics. Question categories include geography, history, literature, art, and much more. If you know a lot about any of these topics, consider joining this exciting club.

1. Art Club

Would you like to draw, paint, and make beautiful pieces of art? If so, you should become a member of Art Club. Art Club provides opportunities for artists to discuss art with like-minded individuals. Additionally, Art Club members learn a variety of techniques that can be used to improve their artistic abilities. For this reason, Art Club is very fitting for anyone with an interest in art. 

1. Titan Times Newspaper 

Last but certainly not least, all students should consider becoming a part of the Titan Times Newspaper. Being a part of the newspaper allows students to discuss writing ideas and improve their writing skills overall. Also, Titan Times members are able to write and publish articles about any topic that they are interested in. Topics could include school, science, politics, sports, and just about anything else that you could imagine. If you are interested in creative writing, you should be a part of the Titan Times.